Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cooking Camp

  Day 11, my godmother just sent me an email about the Kids Culinary Academy of Vermont! I really think I should sign up for it, so someday my dreams could actually come true. The last challenge is to cook a 30-dish buffet for our parents. This camp is actually located in Canada! I was so excited until my mom said, a big, plain, "NO." I was crushed, and I asked why, and because: it. Was. Too. Expensive. Ok, so it's pricey, and I do respect that, but I think many people would agree with me that I should go ahead and chase my dream, no matter how much money it was. It's not like we can't afford it, and it's not like I'm just having some fun there, no, I'm learning to make bechamel sauce, going on CHOPPED! I'm there to learn, that's what the most important thing is to me.

  Well, she just came in the room with a different idea, a similar camp, but just 2,000 cheaper. I thought it was a fantastic idea! I hope someday I could join the spotlight with Bobby Flay and all the Food Network or Cooking Channel stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment