Saturday, August 7, 2010

Whole Foods- Where All Your Cooking Dreams Come True, and a Sad Good-bye

  Day 4, today I will not talk about the wrongings of FN to Brad Sorenson, this is merely just a regular blog post. I finished eating dinner, a delicious Korean barbeque and a tofu hot pot, and had to say a sad farewell to my tennis coach (which was not exactly a farewell since he was leaving for only 4 months, but he MIGHT not come back) today. I think I learned alot from him, about tennis and about life, and to be honest after leaving PGA I got a little teary-eyed. It was sad to know that, but his sister had cancer and he went to help her out while her husband was in Afghanistan. So yes, he will be leaving the day I start school. I hope he can come back and help me with tennis!

  Well, I just went shopping at Whole Foods! Wonderful place there was EVERYTHING! I got some ingredients to make risotto(dedication to Brad Sorenson) with mushroom, peas, and Italian sausage. I can't wait to cook it, and the Parmigiano Reggiano had the wonderful print on it. There were about 400 selections of cheese! From France, Holand, Deutsch, Swiss, America, Italy, and goats' and sheeps' milk cheese! Next time I'll try cooking with Gruyere or French Brie. As I rushed aroung the store looking for food, many store clerks just turned to stare at me. Well, I didn't understand, any 13-year old can run around an entire store 3 times just to find the right cheese right? I saw so many different chocolates, so many ingredients and I though it was food heaven!

  I'm making my risotto tomorrow, I'll post how it turns out even though there won't be anyone really reading it. It doesn't matter, I'm just a random blogger... that loves food.

No comments:

Post a Comment